Booking a school activity
Let our education officers take your school class or preschool group on a guided tour of our gardens and glasshouses, our historic environments, or around Linnaeus’s homes and gardens. You can also book an activity session for your school in the Botanical Garden, the Linnaeus Garden, the Linnaeus Museum or at Linnaeus’ Hammarby.
- Examples of guided tours for schools and upper secondary schools.
- Examples of activities for preschools.
A guided tour takes about 45 minutes. To get the most out of the tour the group should not exceed 20 students. For planting and other activities, the group size should not exceed 12 children.
Visits to the Linnaeus Museum and to the Botanical Garden may be booked year round.
phone:+46-18-471 28 38 (weekdays 9:30–11:30)
We will answer your questions within two working days.
Prices for school visits
Schools and preschools, Uppsala municipality
400 SEK/group of 20 children
Schools and preschools, outside Uppsala municipality
800 SEK/group of 20 children
Prices are valid daytime during weekdays. Evenings and during weekends the fee is 1600 SEK/group.
Free entrance to the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala for school classes and children 17 years old or younger.
Gardens in three locations
For everybody's enjoyment
Please help us to keep our gardens clean and tidy.
- Do not walk in the flower beds or damage the plants.
- Do not pick flowers, leaves, nuts, seeds or twigs.
- You are welcome to taste windfall fruit from the ground, but do not pick fruit that is still on the tree. Never taste a fruit unless you are certain what it is.
- Do not move or damage the labels.
- Keep dogs on a lead at all times.
- Only guide dogs are allowed into glasshouses and other buildings.
- Motor vehicles are not permitted in our gardens.
- Bicycles are only allowed on the main paths. Please be considerate of pedestrians!
- Please do not touch objects, furniture, or wallpaper in the historic buildings.