Linnaeus’ Hammarby – a perfect summer excursion
Linnaeus’ Hammarby lies embedded in an extensive agricultural landscape. The museum area, with buildings, exhibitions, café and shop are open May to September inclusive. In the surrounding Cultural Heritage Reserve, the County Council has recreated an 18th century agricultural landscape with forest, fields, grazing paddocks, a cabbage field and a hop garden. The reserve is open all year.
The Linnaeus' Hammarby: opening times
Museum and exhibitions
- May: Tuesday–Sunday 11am–5pm
- June–August: Tuesday–Sunday 11am–5pm
- September: Friday–Sunday 11am–5pm
The dwelling house is only open for guided tours. There will be four tours a day. Groups of more than 10 people have to book a private guide.
On Google Maps you can take a virtual tour of the house.
Grounds and Cultural Heritage Reserve
The gates to the garden and grounds close at 8 pm.
The Cultural Heritage Reserve of Linnaeus’ Hammarby is open all year.
In English every opened day at 12.30
Guided tours in Swedish at 11.30, 14.30 and 15.30. Written information is available in English, French, German, Spanish and Russian.
The daily guided tours are included in the entrance fee and can not be booked in advance.
Entry charge for Linnaeus’ Hammarby
During ordinary opening times:
- Adults 100 SEK
- Senior citizens 65+ 80 SEK
- Students 80 SEK (Students at Uppsala University free of charge)
- Children (ages 0-17) free of charge
A guided tour of the museum is included in the entry charge. Groups of more than 10 people must book their own guide. Entry charges may differ for certain exhibitions and events.
A valid full prize entry ticket for The Linnaeus Garden gives free entry to Linnaeus' Hammarby.
From 5 pm (garden and park only): free entrance.
The Cultural Heritage Reserve of Linnaeus’ Hammarby: free entrance
Free entrance to The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala apply to:
- employees at Uppsala University
- students at Uppsala University
- members of The Swedish Linnaeus Society (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- members of The Society of Linnaeus' Hammarby (The Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus' Hammarby only)
- members of Linnés vänner (friends of Linnaeus), our friends' organization
- members of Inter Nordic Guide Club (IGC), including the organization Uppsalaguiderna.
- employees at Uppsalas musee
- members of The Association of Swedish Museums
- holders of ICOM-card
- holders of Kulturarvskort get 50% off the admisson fee. The card is on sale in our shops. (Holders of the card for employees get free entrance.)
- Culture buddy groups have free admission in 2020 (more information for Cultural buddies)
Concessions apply to:
For visitors with a disability, senior citizens 65+, and visitors with pension benefits. You may need to present ID.
Disabled person (with donation)*: £17.05
Disabled person (without donation): £15.50
Senior (with donation)*: £17.05
Senior (without donation): £15.50
- Senior citizens 65+
- Students (Free antrance to students at Uppsala University)
- Kulturarvskort 50% recuction of entrance fee. Buy your member card in our museum shops. The card is valid at many museums in Sweden.
- Members of SJ Prio pays 80 SEK at the Linnaeus Garden and at Linnaeus' Hammarby
The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala: annual card
The annual card of the Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala gives free entry to the Tropical Glasshouse, Linnaeus Garden and Linnaeus’ Hammarby. The annual card is valid for one calendar year and can be purchased from one of our museum shops or from the offices of the gardens (weekday daytime).
An annual card costs 200 kr.