Opening hours during the COVID-19 pandemic
The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala are a part of Uppsala University and follows their social distancing guidelines. We also follow the national restrictions applied to museums and galleries. We do as much as we can to offer you a safe visit. At the same time we do our best to contribute to a slower spreading of infection to facilitate for our healthcare services to help those most in need – people from risk groups, the elderly, and people with underlying health problems. Our ambition is to operate as usual as soon as the national and regional restictions allow that.
On this page, you will find information about opening hours, limitations of numbers of visitors, and cancelled events, as well as information about what we do to reduce the risk of spreading of infection.The information may be changed with short notice.
Opening hours (uppdated July 15)
Until the COVID-19 restrictions according to the Public Health Agency recommendations for level 2 of spread of infection change, the following applies:
The Botanical Garden:
- The gates are open 7am–9pm
- The Tropical Greenhouse is open Thursday 3pm–6pm, and Saturday and Sunday 11am–4pm, and to a limited number of visitors at a time. Preliminary from August 1 open Tuesday–Friday 11am–3pm, as well
- The Orangery in Linneanum is open Tuesday–Friday 11am–3pm
- Café Victoria is open Monday–Friday 11am–5pm and Saturday–Sunday 11am–5pm. Closes earlier rainy days
The Linnaeus Garden with the Linnaeus Museum:
- Garden exhibitions, museum shop, and facilities is open every day 11am–5pm
- The Linnaeus Museum is open every day 11am–5pm. Limitations in number of visitors in the building will apply. Will be open to pre-booked groups as soon as it is possible
- Café Carl von Linné outdoor seating area is closed 2021
- The gates to the garden open until 8pm
Exhibitions and shop are open Tuesday–Sunday 11am–5pm
The manor house is open, as part of the daily guided tours, Tuesday–Sunday 11am–5pm. Limitations in number of visitors in the building will apply.
- Café Sara Lisa open 11am–5pm. During the pandemic, the café's entrance and exit are on the back of the building (follow the signs)
- The gates are open 7am–8pm
- The Cultural Reserve is open throughout the year
Limitations in number of visitors
Since March 2020 we have limited the number of visitors and cancelled all tours indoors. Many events are cancelled. We do give guided tours outdoors for a limited number of participants.
You are not able to book a ticket to our dayly guided tours, while booking is mandatory to our special tours. To these you need to book a place two workdays in advance (email@example.com).
Please note that we may need to close buildings with short notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Limits for numbers of visitors in our buildings (when they are allowed to open again):
- The Linnaeus Garden: Limited access to all buildings. We can not guarantee that all buildings are open to visitors.
- The Linnaeus Museum: limited number of visitors at a time in the building. No guided tours indoors. Avoid bringing large bags and luggage when you visit. We may need to close the museum with short notice due to unforeseen circumstances
- Linnaeus' Hammarby: Limited access to the buildings. We cannot guarantee that all buildings are open to visitors. The main building is open for a restricted number of visitors. We may need to close the main building with short notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The Botanical Garden: limited number of visitors at a time in the Tropical Greenhouse and in the Orangery. No guided tours indoors. Avoid bringing large bags and luggage when you visit. We may need to close the buildings with short notice due to unforeseen circumstances
Consequences for guided tours:
- At the moment it is not possible to book guided tours for groups in The Tropical Greenhouse. We hope to be able to open bookings for groups of a limited number of participants (15 ppl/tour) in mid-August
- At the moment is is not possible to book visits for groups in the Linnaeus Museum. We hope to be able to open bookings for groups of a limited number of participants in mid-August. A guide will accompany the group and talk about what is exhibited in the different rooms
- We offer guided tours outdoors in The Botanical Garden, The Linnaeus Garden and at Linnaeus' Hammarby, to a limited number of participants (max. 15). You can not book tickets in advance to the daily tours. To book a private tour contact our booking office, at least one week in advance
- Register to special tours through firstname.lastname@example.org, at least two workdays in advance. In Swedish