Our gardens and museums are open to everyone. We are working towards making our gardens, glasshouses and other buildings accessible for all.
- Many of our exhibitions are located in buildings not suitable for wheelchairs. Some parts of those exhibitions can be visited digitaly.
- Toilets suitable for wheelchair users are available in all our gardens
- An induction loop is available to borrow in connection with guided tours. It should be booked in advance (e-mail to our bookning office).
- You are allowed to bring your leader dog into the buildings. No other animals are allowed indoors.
- Disabled access parking (for badge holders) is available at Linnaeus hamamrby and in the Botanical Garden (Villavägen 8).
- If you need additional assistance please contact our staff in the museum shop or in the Botanical Garden the staff in the glashouse.
Wheelchair access at Linnaeus’ Hammarby
There is a toilet suitable for wheelchair users in the entrance pavillion.
The historical buildings – the dwelling house and outbuildings – are not accessible by wheelchair. It is possible to make a virtual tour of the dwelling house by Google Maps, but the link does not work in all web browsers.
An induction loop is available to borrow in connection with guided tours. It should be booked in advance (e-mail to our bookning office).
Large parts of the grounds are accessible by wheelchair.
There is a toilet suitable for wheelchair users in the Orangery.
The Garden and Orangery are accessible for wheelchair users.
The Professor’s Residence (now the Linnaeus Museum) is not accessible for wheelchair users. However, a virtual tour of the Museum and Garden is possible using Google maps. The link does not work in all web browsers.
An induction loop is available to borrow in connection with guided tours. There is also an audio guide to the Linnaeus Museum available to borrow.
There is no parking at the Garden but it is possible to drop off car passengers at the entrance (Svartbäcksgatan 27).
Uppsala University Botanical Garden: accessibility
Toilets suitable for wheelchair users are available beside the Tropical Glasshouse (throughout the year) and by the pond shed close to the Linneanum Orangery (May-October).
The Tropical Glasshouse is accessible for wheelchair users. An induction loop is available to borrow in connection with guided tours during the winter months. During the rest of the year it must be booked in advance.
The Linneanum Orangery has a steep ramp on the south side. The threshold of the door can be removed if required – please contact the Garden staff for help.
Two disabled parking spaces are accessed from Villavägen 8. Parking spaces are also available at Villavägen 6.
The gates in the East part of The Baroque Garden are closed wintertime. The close when the first snow falls and open again May 1.