Accessibility to The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala
Our gardens and museums are open to everyone. We are working towards making our gardens, glasshouses and other buildings accessible for all.
- Some of our exhibitions are located in buildings inaccessible for wheelchairs. Some parts of those exhibitions can be visited digitally.
- Toilets suitable for wheelchair users are available in all our gardens
- An induction loop is available to borrow in connection with guided tours. It should be booked in advance (e-mail to our booking office).
- You are allowed to bring your guide dog inside the buildings. No other animals are allowed indoors.
- Disabled access parking (for badge holders) is available at Linnaeus Hammarby and in the Botanical Garden (Villavägen 8).
- If you need additional assistance please contact our staff in the museum shop or in the Botanical Garden the staff in the The Tropical Greenhouse.
Wheelchair access at Linnaeus’ Hammarby
There is a toilet suitable for wheelchair users in the visitor's centre.
The historical buildings – the manor and outbuildings – are not accessible by wheelchair. It is possible to make a virtual tour of the manor by Google Maps (the link does not work in all web browsers).
An induction loop is available on loan for guided tours. It should be booked in advance (e-mail to our booking office).
Most of the park is accessible by wheelchair.
Accessibility at The Linnaeus Garden and Museum
There is a toilet suitable for wheelchair users in the orangery.
The garden and orangery are accessible to wheelchair users.
The ground floor of The Linnaeus Museum is accessible to wheelchair users. The threshold att the entrance is high – please contact the museum staff for assistance. The first floor of the building is not accessible for wheelchair users. However, it is possible to make a virtual tour of the museum and garden by Google Maps. The link does not work in all web browsers.
An induction loop is available on loan for guided tours. There is also an audio guide to the Linnaeus Museum.
There is no parking at the garden but it is possible to drop off passengers at the entrance (Svartbäcksgatan 27).
Uppsala University Botanical Garden: accessibility
Toilets suitable for wheelchair users are available beside the Tropical Greenhouse (throughout the year) and by the pond shed close to the Linneanum Orangery (May–October).
The Tropical Greenhouse is accessible for wheelchair users. An induction loop is available on loan for guided tours during the winter months. During the rest of the year it must be booked in advance (e-mail to our booking office).
The Linneanum Orangery has a steep ramp on the south side. The threshold of the door can be removed if required – please contact the Garden staff for help.
Two disabled parking spaces are accessed from Villavägen 8. Parking spaces are also available at Villavägen 6.
The gates in the east part of The Baroque Garden are closed wintertime. Thet close when the first snow falls and open again 1 May.